'Making Better Law' - New publication from the Hansard Society
<!--[endif]-->The Hansard Society will be releasing its latest publication, Making Better Law, on Tuesday 14th December at 6.15pm.
Making Better Law examines the process of law making and how greater expert input during the development of legislation would improve the final outcomes. It particularly focuses on consultation and external input into policy making, the challenges of drafting legislation, and parliamentary scrutiny processes. Making Better Law recommends improving consultation and engagement processes for policy development; utilising, embedding and reforming existing scrutiny models and processes; and challenging government to change its approach to the operation of the legislative process and the handling of law making.
Authors Dr Ruth Fox and Matthew Korris will give a presentation on the report's findings, and be joined in a discussion by an expert panel:
- Rt Hon Peter Riddell, Chair, Hansard Society;
- Rt Hon Sir George Young MP, Leader of the House of Commons
- Chris Bryant MP, Shadow Minister for Political and Constitutional Reform;
- Graham Allen MP, Chair of the Political and Constitutional Reform Committee;
- Baroness D'Souza, Convenor of the Crossbench Peers
The event will take place in the Boothroyd Room, Portcullis house at 6.15pm.
If you would like to attend please email email@example.com
If you would like to attend this event, please click here